SNK Neo Candy 25 Restoration

• I have no more scan of the original who was rotten to the core !
    But fond this the two repros we made once : 2 variants dull or shiny.
    The CPO are certainly not perfect, but look very good !

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear the evil - The Dark Lord is my shepherd !

• Hello, thanks for show me the overlay and time you spend to post. Mmmm..that overlays looks good design to me, like original, which is more closely to the real-one-original? dull or shiny?
    Do you have design in file?
    I mean, i have to found someone that can build the panel for me and print into the panel, not with sticker, for that i need design file, let me ask if with your overlay the guy can scan and edit colours or something to try a good repro panel printed in panel, like originals.
    In the candy snk neo 25 i´m waiting this is the repro panel with different distribution buttons:

Yeah, shitty panel, buttons placed different way, no push button for mvs, no logo snk, etc. If i had your file design maybe i could complete this panel to make a hybrid one more closely to the original one.
    I will need a correct metal plate base, if i send the picture above plate the guy that build me panel could make me a repro one base metal too, like the original one.
    Anyways Let me know price for one overlay that looks more closely to original, dull or shiny, i´ll try to ask someone if he can scan design-sizes from overlay and after edit a file with the colours closely to real panel.

More things, do you know where get spare Toshiba Neo 25 SNK tubes? If i´m right original Toshiba tubes are
    Toshiba A59JMZ193X
    Toshiba A59JMZ90X
    and some old rare 25" TV like Sanyo CEM2511, Pioneer and Seleco have those tubes, the same. Did you tried if Hantarex Polo 25" matches in that candy like the original Toshiba?
    My mail is dumpil@gmail.com if you prefer send me mail.
    We´re in touch.
    Thanks a lot.

• - the CPO design is (like) original, dull is more like original but shiny looks better
    - dinension and colores fit
    - only a few chromatic aberrations have not been improved ...

35 EUR is what i payed. At that time i already knew that someone else could use one in the future, because my own hunt for a overlay was unsuccessful back in time - so we printed 3 of them !

35 EUR + shipping

i

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear the evil - The Dark Lord is my shepherd !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gordon ()

• Hello @gordon , finally i didnt get the SNK NEO 25, because the seller told me very very light burn and the tube was very fucked burned, i kicked out mine reservation...
    Still looking a SNK NEO 25 in good shape and tube good, or almost not fucked burnt.
    Thanks anyways for the help.
    If you know someone that can get SNK NEO 25 please let me know...i´m in Hunt mode, my mail is dumpil@gmail.com

Thanks again.
    Regards.

• Wow, tolle Arbeit. Das hat alles Hand und Fuss, Repsekt!
    Wie hast du den Rost vom Panelblech weg bekommen? Bzw was hast du hierbei als Werkzeug verwendet?
    Habe hier bei mir ein Astropanel liegen, was die gleiche Liebe erfahren müsste :D

• Sandstrahlen ist meist am einfachsten , oder mit einem `Rutscher `( ca. 120er Körnung ).
    Vor dem Lackieren ( LB9A VW Candy Weiss passt zum Astro ) aber noch Haftgrund Füller drauf,
    das eliminiert die meisten Rostfrass_Stellen wenn sie nicht so heftig sind ...

Wenn nur das Panel gemacht werden soll kann man Spraydosen verwenden - das geht ganz gut !

• Hast du auch probleme dass das Netzteil summt ? Ich vermute mal es ist das Netzteil bei mir..... überlegg mir bereits ein Ersatz zu besorgen und um rüsten oder ev doch sein lassen ?

Meim Kollegen sein SNK 29 summt auch hehe

• Summt das Netzteil oder aus den Lautsprechern ?
    Für letzteres ist oft das Mobo ( etwa ein 4 Slot ? ) verantwortlich ...